[Samba] Re: Samba with NFS

David Harfst David.Harfst at cmsrtp.com
Wed Sep 26 17:59:26 GMT 2007

Well, not re-exporting in this case is not an option.  The NFS server is a
source control system, with a database file repository, to which sym links
are made from the user's home directory on the Linux client.

The "posix locking = no" option seems to have done the trick.  Also, I found
that creating the NFS mount with the "nolock" option also accomplished that
same thing.

Thanks, Volker.
--

David Harfst
Senior Systems Engineer - Information Systems

olker Lendecke<Volker.Lendecke at SerNet.DE> 2007-09-26 12:01 PM >>>
On Wed, Sep 26, 2007 at 09:14:21AM -0500, David Harfst wrote:

> We've been doing this for years using a different NFS
> server.  We've recently upgrade to new hardware and OS on
> this NFS server, and this has been a problem ever since.
>
> Any thoughts?

Just DON'T re-export NFS imports with Samba. See a thread a
couple of weeks ago.

If you are really desperate, try "posix locking = no" and
"kernel oplocks = no".

Volker