[Samba] smaba PDC on other subnet problem

satish patel linuxtrap at yahoo.co.in
Wed Sep 26 15:46:54 GMT 2007

Dear all

              I have today join this list for some problem with samba configuration

  I have one samba server on my organization PDC configuration and now i need to join domain on another subnet so how it is possible i have read on google about it they are talking about WINS but i have also give WINS IP address on another side PC or client machine but error could not fine domain XXXXX

  so it is possible without WINS if i want to do it with DNS SRV recode then what i need to do it in DNS any one there have same problem of domin logon from diff subnet or network

$ cat ~/satish/url.txt

http://www.linuxbug.org