[Samba] how to view disk labels used by a user for his/her disk shares?

Francis Galiegue fg at one2team.com
Tue Sep 25 14:24:28 GMT 2007

Le mardi 25 septembre 2007, Gianluca Cecchi a écrit :
> I have a samba pdc.
> I would like to automatically assign at next logon a disk share with a
> particular letter that is the same for a group of users (such as L:\).
> How can I see with samba and/or windows tools what are currently the disk
> labels used by this group of users so that I can choose accordingly?
> And in general, is there any smb.conf or other config option that lets me
> set a unique disk letter for a share, so that I have users accessing
> consistently the different disk shares?
>
> thanks in advance,
> gianluca

The "logon script" parameter accepts macros such as %U for the username and %G
for the primary group of a user. So you could do something like:

	logon script = %G.bat

and have a different logon script for each group.

Note however that if you want to put a script in a subdir, this directive is
interpreted by Windows, so you should separate path components with '\',
not '/'.

HTH,
Francis Galiegue, One2team - fg at one2team.com
[ATTENTION : CHANGEMENT DE COORDONNÉES !]
+33178945570, +33683877875, http://www.one2team.com
40 avenue Raymond Poincaré - 75116 PARIS