[Samba] What management of samba is available for large scale deployment

D G Teed donald.teed at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 11:17:57 GMT 2007

Thanks for the response, Felipe.

I mean something like this: the Windows user would
right click on their folder which they have full access to,
and select users to which they would like to assign
read/modify/write access.  In what I understand, this
is possible from Novell Netware - probably via the client
driver.  As it is faculty, it is difficult to take away freedoms
without complaints.

The LDAP suggestion is a good one for controlling departments,
but there are always lots of other associations we cannot predict,
like who becomes a Teaching Assistant for some faculty member
and needs access to grade assignments.  In these scenarios,
self-administer is ideal.

--Donald Teed