[Samba] Dos filemode and group rights to change permissions (even when group has read only permissions)

S. J. van Harmelen svh at dds.nl
Fri Sep 21 08:37:00 GMT 2007

Hi,

I'm using the "dos filemode" option to get Windows like acl handling.
Now I noticed the following line:

"Note that a user belonging to the group owning the file will not be
allowed to change permissions if the group is only granted read access"

Is there anyway to achive this so the group can change permissions even
when the group has read-only rights? This is exacly what a customer of
us would want to have as a possibility. Don't ask me why, has something
to do with the way they hanlde some files.

Sander