[Samba] Samba PDC - How to disable system locking on Windows XP

Steve Poulsen spoulsen at eesoft.com
Thu Sep 20 23:45:38 GMT 2007

I have tried many approaches and am out of idea.  I would like my
Windows XP to stop locking the screen when I leave for 10 minutes or
so.  I know this is an XP question, but I feel it is related to Samba
PDC since all suggestions that  I have found indicate I should not be
seeing this.

I have disabled the screen saver.
I have search the group policy editor.
I have used groupmap to map the logged in user to Domain Admins.  I have
added Domain Admins to the local XP machines Administrator list (this
appears fine since I can do anything an Admin can do on this PC).
I have checked power settings and set everything to 2 hours or more and
disable any locking checkbox.
I have modified the registry to disable the XP system lock button.

Any ideas as to what is going on?

Thanks,

Steve