[Samba] samba3+openldap:Problem during the LDAP search

Edmund Lin edmund.lin at pangeo.com
Wed Sep 19 03:04:01 GMT 2007

Hi,
I'm sorry that I'm new to LDAP. We used to use tdbsam as the passdb backend.
I wish I had time to learn more about LDAP but I need to finish this in
these few days. I just followed the steps from Samba guide chapter 5 and got
stucked at the point of joining domain. I also use ldapsearch -x uid=root
and see the root account's information. If this is not the right way, would
you tell me how to check it and correct it?  I swear I will study LDAP in
depth after I get through this.

And I can use the root account/password to access the share folders of the
server without joining the domain.

Thanks.