[Samba] Network browsing

James Perry james.perry at frontiernet.net
Tue Sep 18 14:46:44 GMT 2007

Hi Steven,

That's what I was suspecting, I'm sending a DNS query to the outside
world, and after some hunting around through various DNS servers, it
gives up and comes back empty, so then the clients have to resort to
broadcast. So just having Samba act as a WINS server with the 'wins
support = yes' option set isn't enough, even if the clients are
specifically told that the Samba server is also a WINS server...

So... I should learn a little about setting up a DNS server. Cool.

Thanks again.
JP