[Samba] samba3+openldap:Problem during the LDAP search

Edmund Lin edmund.lin at pangeo.com
Tue Sep 18 08:59:15 GMT 2007

Hi,
I ran smbldap-populate to solve the problem.
thank you all.

But now another problem happened: when I tried to join a Winxp to the
domain, after I enter the root account and password, a popup said "logon
failure:unknown user name or bad password".
I can see root account using slapcat. I used smbldap-passwd to change the
root's password.
If I change the passdb backend to tdbsam, I can join the domain.
Any idea?
Thanks.

Edmund