[Samba] Adding printer port from Win2K client

James Perry james.perry at frontiernet.net
Mon Sep 17 14:32:51 GMT 2007

Thanks Martin & Gerald,

I actually spent last friday night figuring out my printer woes, and
I discovered exactly what Martin just described. I installed the
printers on the server (and hence, map various printers to the
appropriate ports on the server machine), and modified my smb.conf
file to use cups to provide a list of available printers to my
windows clients. Works like a charm.

Now I need to figure out why network browsing is so incredibly slow...

Thanks again for your help folks!!

JP