[Samba] smbstatus issue with multiple smbd

Valerio Daelli valerio.daelli at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 13:36:58 GMT 2007

Hi
we use samba 3.0.25a on FreeBSD 6.2.
We use a 'multiple' approach on our server: we have a smbd daemon for the Users
section (with its configuration file) and a smbd daemon for the Groups
section (with another configuration file).
We would like to discriminate the locks and the other details for
these two daemons:
we would like to have a report for smbd-users and a report for smbd-groups.
However if we use

smbstatus -s /usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf.users

and the other with smb.conf.groups, we get a full report which just list all the
locks for the users and groups lists altogheter.
We would like to have two distinct reports.
Is there any ease way to get this or must we perl-script something?
Hope it is clear.
Thanks

Valerio Daelli