[Samba] Queries not bound to Samba Interface

Daniel Hili d.hili at qut.edu.au
Mon Sep 17 07:30:45 GMT 2007

I have restricted our Samba server to a service ip address on a multihomed server using the "interfaces" and "bind interfaces only" parameters in smb.conf and I can see that it is listening on the correct service address rather than across all network interfaces however I am still seeing Samba trying to query our password servers over a different ip address.

Is there any way I can ensure all Samba communications occur over a specific ip address and not the server's default network interface?

Thanks,
Daniel