[Samba] after winbind authentication: "no name associated with group-id 150000"

Peter Gehirnforce Gehirnmann at gmx.de
Mon Sep 17 06:29:58 GMT 2007

hi there,

I'm having a debian-linux connecting to active directory on win2003 server.
I use kerberos (krb5) and winbind for the whole scenario.

after(!) successful authentication I get the error, that there is no name associated with group "150000".
in german it sais:
"id: Es ist kein Name zur Gruppen-ID 150000 zu finden"

Funnny though, because i don't know where this ID comes from :-)
how does the group resolution work?
the winbind option "idmap group" doesn"t say much about it.

thx,
gehirnmann