[Samba] Job Opportunity: Sysadmin
joel at uaudio.com
Wed Sep 12 23:36:14 GMT 2007
The position is located in the area of Santa Cruz, California.
* Strong systems knowledge of Linux operating systems, especially SUSE 10.2
* Strong understanding of network protocols and internet security
* Configuration of Linux LDAP, firewalls, VPN, Samba, Primary Domain Controllers
* Strong knowledge of Windows and Macintosh operating systems
* Configuration and maintenance of company server computers.
* Configuration and maintenance of desktop computers.
* Configuration and maintenance of company computer network.
* Ability to learn and apply new technologies quickly.
* Ability to work well with others is important.
* Ability to work independently, guiding projects to completion
* Understanding of email routing, firewalls, tcp/ip
Responsibilities may include:
* Evaluation, recommendation, purchasing of computer related equipment
* Regular backups of all computer systems in company.
* Desktop Support for Windows and Macintosh workstations, Microsoft Outlook
Pluses would include:
* Experience with Retrospect backup server / client software
* Some experience with PHP/MySQL
* Experience with Postfix, Kerio Mail Server
* Experience with CVS, SubVersion
* A personal interest in digital audio and recording technology.
Please send your resume to jobs at uaudio.com, include your salary requirments,
note that we are a small company in the audio/recording technology market.
Lack of experience in one or more areas listed above will
not disqualify the right person.
More information about the samba