[Samba] Step By Step PDC with OpenLDAP?

Adam Tauno Williams adamtaunowilliams at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 02:34:05 GMT 2007

> We had a linux guy here working on this in his busy schedule, but ultimately, he was unable to make it work before he left the department.
> Is there a good doc that will help someone without much linux experience other than lots of /etc/init.d/servicename restart, using vi to edit the named.zones DNS entries and other similar stuff to configure an existing Samba server as a PDC with OpenLDAP for single sign-on?
> This is on OpenSUSE 10.2

This isn't a trivial task;  but the Samba By Example covers this pretty
well - http://us1.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-Guide/

Stick to the 'official' docs;  beware obsolete docs,  lots of those
floating around on the Internet.

--
Adam Tauno Williams, Network & Systems Administrator
Consultant - http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com