[Samba] Samba 3.0.26a Available for Download

Ed Kasky ed at esson.net
Tue Sep 11 14:10:16 GMT 2007

At 05:24 AM Tuesday, 9/11/2007, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote -=>

>Binary packages will be made available on a volunteer basis at
>
>         http://download.samba.org/samba/ftp/Binary_Packages/

Not being as adept at building rpm's as I could be if I had the time
to learn it, is there any supporting documentation anywhere that
describes how to go about converting from an rpm install to
installing from src?

Or is it easier/preferred/better to stick with the rpm's and build
them from the src?

I know there are opinions on both sides but I wouldn't mind hearing a
few as I try and decide if I should continue with the rpm on a FC6
machine or convert to a src install....

Ed

Randomly Generated Quote (861 of 1270):
Nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae fuit.
         [There is no great genius without some touch of madness.]
                 -- Seneca