[Samba] NTLMv2, Samba, and Squid

mups.cp mups.cp at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 14:36:25 GMT 2007

> > min protocol = LANMAN2
> > max protocol = NT1
>
> Why are you setting this?

I prefer set this values because I force the server to accept only
secure protocol. Windows protocols earlier than LANMAN2 could be
easily eavesdropped from the network. LANMAN2 and higher are stronger.
I remember from L0pht Crack that attacked this.
The default 'min protocol' could allows some kind of attack in the network.

The links I sent from Microsoft helps improve client security
improving connection security. This are really for security paranoid
professionals.

I didn't know these values were the default. Maybe I used this long
time ago when it weren't.