[Samba] NTLMv2, Samba, and Squid

mups.cp mups.cp at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 15:35:20 GMT 2007

If you'd like force NTLMv2 authentication these settings in your
smb.conf could help:
ntlm auth = Yes
client NTLMv2 auth = Yes
min protocol = LANMAN2
max protocol = NT1

I also put these:
client lanman auth = No
client plaintext auth = No
use spnego = Yes
client use spnego = Yes

For the client part if you want there are these Microsoft articles for
Windows 95/98/NT that works in XP too, so I think that also works for
Winows Vista:
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B239869&x=14&y=10
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B147706&x=15&y=10

Even on XP clients I prefer strictly force NTLMv2.