[Samba] Samba and AD: Strange problem with connection

Tristan Alder tristan.alder at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 13:04:40 GMT 2007

2007/9/7, Carlos Rivera-Jones <carlos at sinu.com>:
> Please check:
> 1 - that your nsswitch.conf file is correctly configured.

I think that it is, but I'm not professional admin. :(
I use this:
http://zasoby.tristan.b7.pl/smieci/samba/nsswitch.conf

> 2 - use klist to verify the tokens are A ok, if not kinit to refresh.

I don't understand :(

> 3 - verify that the server joined the domain as a regular mcomputer and
> not a DC.

How?

> 4 - check that the DNS related things are all correct: windows DNS,
> linux hosts file,lmhosts, wins (if used) etc.

I use this configuration:

http://zasoby.tristan.b7.pl/smieci/samba/

there is no lmhosts in my AD and i don't know what exactly i should do with wins

> 5 - verify AD is set to Mixed Mode.

maybe not?
http://zasoby.tristan.b7.pl/smieci/samba/ad1.png

Windows server 2003 Level... And I can't find information how to
change it... There is only Raise Domain Functional Level...

But it worked until July....

> Please post your smb.conf...

All is here:
http://zasoby.tristan.b7.pl/smieci/samba/

I use this:
http://zasoby.tristan.b7.pl/smieci/samba/ad_config.sh

to send config to all my computers in classroom and this:

http://zasoby.tristan.b7.pl/smieci/samba/ad_join.sh

to join. That is very strange version, because I try to hack
problem.... This version sometimes works (but until restart).