[Samba] Problem with Defaulting Groups and AD

Thompson, Jimi JimiT at mail.cox.smu.edu
Thu Sep 6 19:11:25 GMT 2007

Vital Stats - AMD 64-bit CPU, Ubuntu 7.0.4 (Feisty Fawn), Samba 3.0.24,

Win2003 AD Domain

I'm not sure how to make it stop doing it.  When a user "logs in" they
get an automatically assigned group of "domain users" which doesn't
actually exist in any of the file permissions.  I've tried setting group
= %G and force group = %G but neither one is working.  If anyone knows
how to suppress this, I'd be greatly appreciative.  As things stand,
users can map the share but now everything is write only, despite
specifically being stipulated at writeable.

TIA,

Ms. Jimi Thompson, CISSP

Manager of Web Operations

SMU Cox School of Business

"Contemplate the mangled bodies of your countrymen and then ask
yourself, What should be the reward of such sacrifices... If ye love
wealth better than freedom, the tranquility of servitude than the
animating contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your
counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands that feed you. May
your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye  were
our countrymen." - Samuel Adams  This from our founding fathers.  I
wonder what they'd think of the Patriot Act & the Emergency Powers Act.