[Samba] problems with VFS_FAKE_PERMS

Alexander Födisch foedisch at eva.mpg.de
Thu Sep 6 10:27:59 GMT 2007

Hi,

I want to use the module VFS_FAKE_PERMS for roaming profiles. When I use the option "writeable = yes" (see config [1]) the user profiles are write
back the server (but they shouldn't, right?).
If I delete the writeable-option (see [2]) windows brings an error when logging off:

"Windows cannot update your roaming profile. Possible causes of this error include network problems or insufficient security rights. If this problem
persists, contact your network administrator." (Event ID: 1504)

[1]

[profiles]
    path = <path-to-profile-folder>
    browseable = no