[Samba] Winbind and LDAP

Daniel L. Miller dmiller at amfes.com
Thu Sep 6 04:48:21 GMT 2007

I've been having a miserable time trying to get Winbind working.  All of
the literature I've found seems to indicate it "just works" - which I'd
love - but it hasn't gone that way for me.  Because I'm already using
LDAP, it seemed to make sense to use the LDAP support for Winbind.  But
Winbind continues to give errors and generally be unhappy.

Besides using the current schema, and setting the idmap parameters in
smb.conf - is there another magic trick to getting it to work?
--
Daniel
A spam trap for your crawler pleasure: listpost at amfes.com