[Samba] Serving MS Access Databases, with ACL

Ellison, David david.ellison at atkinsglobal.com
Wed Oct 31 15:03:52 GMT 2007

Greetings,

This is a little off topic, but may be usefull to you. If the DB is
going to grow much more than that, I would use a real SQL backend to the
database. The MS Access DB backend is ok, however starts to suffer when
they become huge, by the sounds of things they may. I am sure there are
people with 700mb, 900mb etc Access databases, but its best to split the
front end from the database and use a SQL database like MySQl for the
backend.

Just food for thought :)

Cheers.
Dave

ba.org] On Behalf Of jayendren anand maduray