[Samba] Serving MS Access Databases, with ACL

jayendren anand maduray jayendren at hivsa.com
Wed Oct 31 14:09:33 GMT 2007

Hi All.
Greetings from South Africa.

I have a Samba LDAP server (v 3.022) running on Ubuntu 6.10
Its serving about 200 users, with profiles, and domain logons.

I want to start server MS Access Databases on it, with the  best speed
performance as possible.
At the moment, the back ends for these databases, are about 200+ MB, and
will grow over the next few years.

Basically, the share should serve about 4 users, with read/write access.
I am using the XFS file system, with ACL support.

Has anyone setup such shares in smb.conf?
I would really like to see an example.

Lastly, I do not think I want to use oplocks.

Any help, will be greatly appreciated.

God bless.

--
Jayendren Anand Maduray