[Samba] Samba+ldap in FreeBSD

Thierry Lacoste lacoste at miage.univ-paris12.fr
Tue Oct 30 19:37:00 GMT 2007

On Tuesday 30 October 2007 20:01, Roylan Suarez Reyes wrote:
> Hello friends
>
>   I am trying to configure Samba + ldap for my domain, the server is
> FreeBSD ... When I try to run the following command
>
> smbldap-populate
>
> It gives me the following error:
>
> adding new entry: cn=Backup
> Operators,ou=Group,dc=vn,dc=pri,dc=jovenclub,dc=cu failed to add entry:
> Can't contact LDAP server at
> /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-populate line 471, <GEN1> line 20.
> adding new entry: cn=Replicators,ou=Group,dc=vn,dc=pri,dc=jovenclub,dc=cu
> failed to add entry: Can't contact LDAP server at
> /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-populate line 471, <GEN1> line 21.
> adding new entry: sambaDomainName=jcv,dc=vn,dc=pri,dc=jovenclub,dc=cu
> failed to add entry: Can't contact LDAP server at
> /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-populate line 471, <GEN1> line 21.
>
> Please provide a password for the domain Administrato:
> Can't contact LDAP server at
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/smbldap_tools.pm line 341.

Did you run configure.pl from the smbldap-tools package ?

Here's what I did

mkdir /usr/local/etc/smbldap-tools
chmod 700 /usr/local/etc/smbldap-tools
/usr/local/share/examples/smbldap-tools/configure.pl

Also I'd rather run smbldap-populate -e /tmp/init.ldif
and then ldapadd the ldif file after revewing it.

HTH
Thierry.