[Samba] Can't see or change ACLs on Windows

Stas narezatel at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 11:02:50 GMT 2007

user that logged in to windows is DOMAIN/administrators group member ?
seems it have some meaning for samba . try to use  the built-in
domain administrator account as a windows login .
i removed all ACL's from test directory and changed owner user and
group to root so getfacl shows :
# file: mnt/loop/1
# owner: root
# group: root
user::rwx
group::rwx
other::---

and no one had access to files .
but i was still able to take ownership and after that set ACL's from
windows box if logged in as user that domain administrators group
member , or administrator itself.

btw , do you try to set file access permissions  or change files owner ?
if you try to change ownership to some domain group you will always
get "access denied" error since samba doesn't support group ownership.