[Samba] can't remove groups in AD

Martin Hauptmann m.hauptmann at web.de
Mon Oct 29 13:18:00 GMT 2007

Hi,

I set up a samba 3.0.26a as an ads-member of a windows 2003 Small
Business Server.
Every windows user in the domain can read and write their files,
everyone's happy.
My Problem is, that I cannot set up security groups in the AD. When I
try, I do not get an error message, but my changes are being silently
ignored.
I cannot set rights exceeding read,write, execute and owner.
E.g. I cannot remove the group 'everyone' from the file access list.
When I do and confirm I do not get an error message, but when I review
the settings, nothing has changed, 'everyone' is still in the list.
It is the same when I try to set or unset full access to files - no
error message, but no success.
I tried different settings concerning heritage, but that did not help.

There are some other postings in the mailing list that sound quite
similar, related to versions >3.0.25. Maybe there is a bug in these
versions?

My smb.conf: http://www.pastebin.ca/753491

Regards

Martin