[Samba] AD Authentication Help

Murugesan Kanthasamy bostonthunder777 at verizon.net
Sat Oct 27 21:20:04 GMT 2007

Hello there, I have been configuring my Linux hosts to authenticate against a AD trusted domain, but that does not seem to be working.

All my Linux hosts are part DOM A Active Directory Domain and all users can login successfully. The DOM A has trust to DOM B Active Directory.

- smb.conf file option "allow trusted domain = yes"
- wbinfo -m shows the trusted domain
- I can see all users of DOM B when I do wbinfo or getent.
-kerberes file has the entries for the DOM A and DOM B

But when su or ssh as that user, I get access denied.

I looked at the messages file, whats happening is when I try to login as user, the kerporos appends the DOM A domain name for the DOM B user.

Incorrect password for "DOM B+user1 at DOM A".

If anyone had any idea on how to fix it, pls let me know.

Thank you very much..

Thanks, MK