[Samba] Re-Saving MS-Publisher files to Samba server prob

Barry Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Sat Oct 27 00:22:20 GMT 2007

Hello All,

Run into a weird one. When students save their MS Publisher files to the
samba server,they save fine. But,,,when they reopen them to edit them,
then try to resave them they will not save. Even if they save with an
extra number behind the original file name they do not save. I enabled
hidden files and I do not see any lock files that have been placed into
the Samba server /users/home folder?
This is MS Office 2003, if that makes any diff. I never see any errors  in
the samba logs either right after doing the failed save.All other formats
of MS Office save and re save fine. Anyone run into this before?

Thanks,

Barry Cisna