[Samba] Questions about SIDs and sambaDomains

Hadmut Danisch hadmut at danisch.de
Fri Oct 26 13:39:00 GMT 2007

Hi,

just two questions which I could not find precise answers for in web and
books:

When I have n samba servers, sharing the same LDAP tree, is that
correct that I have n+1 sambaDomain entries in LDAP, one for each host
and another one for the workgroup? Wouldn't a single doman entry be
sufficient?

Does the SID in the server's sambaDomain entry have to be the same as
in the workgroup entry? Should all samba servers in a network sharing
an LDAP tree have the same SID?

regards
Hadmut