[Samba] Binaries for AIX 5.1

William Jojo jojowil at hvcc.edu
Fri Oct 26 11:24:54 GMT 2007

---- Original message ----
>Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 11:27:29 +0200
>From: Dominique Rousseau <d.rousseau at nnx.com>
>Subject: [Samba] Binaries for AIX 5.1
>To: samba at lists.samba.org
>
>Hi,
>
>I'm looking for binaries of Samba 3 for AIX 5.1
>The ones availables on Samba's FTP (
>http://us3.samba.org/samba/ftp/Binary_Packages/AIX/ ) are given for AIX
>5.2 or 5.3 (what is said in the README)

That is correct, Dominique. I have been asked in the past for 4.3 and 5.1 versions, but alas, I no longer have CD's for those versions. These are also unsupported versions except through arrangement with IBM. AIX 5.1 reached end-of-service in April, 2006.

When IBM drops support on for 5.2 on April 2009, I will likely not update the libs and just put out Samba updates until some as of yet unannounced date. Most of the development I am doing is on 5.3 with knowledge that 6.1 is about to be released.

>I found references to 3.0.21 packages (like in this message
>http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba/2006-January/116792.html ) that had
>existed, but this one is no longer avaible :(
>
>So, do somebody have Samba 3.0.x binaries that can run on AIX 5.1 (with
>the kerberos, ldap, stuff, it will have to interoperate with an AD)

*IF* I can get my hands on a set of 5.1 CD's and *IF* I can manage a decent gcc build on that platform, I'll see what I can manage. No promises. :-)

Otherwise, I would really consider moving to at least 5.2 and patch it here

http://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/set2/sas/f/genunix3/aixfixes.html

and then download the binaries at the Samba site and visit my site for other goodies at http://pware.hvcc.edu

Cheers,

Bill