[Samba] setuid question

J. Henrikson j.henrikson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 17:51:49 GMT 2007

I've got a problem I hope someone can help with. We have a directory on a
redhat box where we want anyone who creates a file (usually done with samba
access) to have that file be created as if by a special "user" and group..
Now in the smb.privateshares config file we specify force user and force
group..
However when we create a file in this directory it shows it being owned by
the actual person who created it rather than the user specified in the force
user = line of the configuration...
I've tried to use chmod u+s but that doesn't seem to work..
Can anyone tell me how to achieve this?

Many thanks.
John Henrikson
U of Missouri