[Samba] crackcheck configuration

Isaac Perez Moncho suscripcions at tsolucio.com
Wed Oct 24 15:55:12 GMT 2007

Hi all,
I'm trying to enforce a password policy for the samba users in a samba
domain.
I'm using crackcheck, and it works well.
But I need to change some of the parameters it use, for example the min
length of the password, having a history, maximum and minimum time of
the password, etc...

If I understand it correctly the script checks the passwords against
cracklib. But changing the cracklib parameters doesn't change the
behaviour or the error message of the crackcheck script parameter.

Anyone can help me, and direct me to where I should apply the changes.
If crackcheck can do what I want, or say me another way to enforce the
policy.

Thanks

--
http://www.sans.org/staysharp/details.php?id=7931