[Samba] 3.0.20b to 3.0.26a (try with .24 & .25) and differents with AD

Andriy Ruban andriy.ruban at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 06:29:47 GMT 2007

Hello,

I`m using typical scheme Samba + Squid + Windows 2003 domain for users
authentication,
with version 3.0.20.b I have next situation, all authentications request
from samb server to AD
 controller going with samba hostname like example "samba_serv", and I have
rule for around 3000
 users which use AD only for internet access and not need to use AD for
other tasks,
rule contain: users can be accessed only from host "samba_serv".

If I use 3.0.26a or close to this versions with the same config all requests
to AD controllers going with user`s
 workstations name and in fact I receive "wrong workstation" answer from AD
server.

 My question how I can configure  3.0.26a to work with AD like I have with
3.0.20b or older.

Sorry for my English and thank you for advices.

With the best regards,                 Andriy