[Samba] Accessing User Directories on XP Home from C:\ Share

Anthony Wright anthony at communitymesh.com
Mon Oct 22 17:06:15 GMT 2007

I'm having problems accessing the user directories in C:\Documents and
Settings\ on XP Home. I'm sharing C:\ and can get to most files, but
when I try to access C:\Documents and Settings\Tony\, it gets upset. I
believe that this is being caused by something called 'Simple File
Sharing' on XP Home, and while you can turn this off on XP Professional,
you can't on XP Home.

I'm trying to backup various parts of C:\ over samba is there a way to
get around this, or should I solve the problem in a different way?

Thanks,

Tony Wright