[Samba] Can't see or change ACLs on Windows

Eric Diven eric.diven at edsiohio.com
Mon Oct 22 13:12:42 GMT 2007

Here's what I have set up.  The ACLs on the directory afiles currently
do pretty much what I need them to do with samba, which is set up
permissions and acls on any files created in the directory by a windows
client.  It needs a little fine-tuning, but it's close.

bash-3.00# ls -l ; getfacl afiles
total 2
drwxrws---+  2 W2K3TEST+bobadmin W2K3TEST+awriters     512 Oct 17 17:07
afiles

# file: afiles
# owner: W2K3TEST+bobadmin
# group: W2K3TEST+awriters
user::rwx
user:afile:rwx          #effective:rwx
group::rwx              #effective:rwx
group:afile:rwx         #effective:rwx
group:W2K3TEST+areaders:r-x             #effective:r-x
group:W2K3TEST+awriters:rwx             #effective:rwx
group:W2K3TEST+admins:rwx               #effective:rwx
mask:rwx
other:---
default:user::rwx
default:group::rwx