[Samba] Samba "hijack" the connection?

Fajar Priyanto fajarpri at cbn.net.id
Mon Oct 22 07:23:41 GMT 2007

On Monday 22 October 2007 14:12:13 Michael Heydon wrote:
>  From another message:
> > But still confusing why if we join the XP to WIN domain, we can select in
> > the logon screen to logon to JUPITER.COM domain (samba).
>
> Is this after the trust is setup? if so, that is normal behavior. That
> is how you tell it which domain the user is part of. Are you still
> having trouble logging onto the trusted domain with this setup?

Yes, that is after the interdomain trust is set.
We don't have any trouble logon to JUPITER.COM and then accessing resource in
WIN.COM. However we need to setup the same user in that domain.

I try to setup winbind in Samba, but since I'm using Zimbra, I still haven't
been able to make winbind works. I guess this is for another thread :)

http://linux2.arinet.org
14:21:36 up 4:26, 2.6.20-16-generic GNU/Linux
The real challenge of teaching is getting your students motivated to learn.