[Samba] Samba "hijack" the connection?

Michael Heydon michaelh at jaswin.com.au
Mon Oct 22 07:12:13 GMT 2007

Fajar Priyanto wrote:
> Hello Michael,
> Yes. I have setup inter-domain trust between the samba and w2k. So, with
> interdomain trust working, it makes changing domain membership in wxp becomes
> unnecessary, right?

I'm sure there are situations where a trust wouldn't be appropriate, but
from the brief description you have given I think it should be enough.

Obviously you will need to migrate your workstations to the new domain
before shutting down the old one, but a trust should be all you need to
let users log into the old system during the move.

 From another message:

> But still confusing why if we join the XP to WIN domain, we can select in the
> logon screen to logon to JUPITER.COM domain (samba).
Is this after the trust is setup? if so, that is normal behavior. That
is how you tell it which domain the user is part of. Are you still
having trouble logging onto the trusted domain with this setup?

* Michael Heydon - IT Administration / Support *
michaelh at jaswin.com.au <mailto:michaelh at jaswin.com.au>
TEL: (08) 9351 3400 	Direct: (08) 9351 3473
FAX: (08) 9351 3410

http://www.jaswin.com.au
1 McDowell Street
Welshpool WA 6106

******Disclaimer******
Jason Windows Pty Ltd
This email is private and confidential. If you are not the intended
recipient, please immediately advise us by return email, and delete this
email and any attachments without using or disclosing the contents in
any way. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual
sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of Jason Windows Pty Ltd.