[Samba] Samba "hijack" the connection?

Fajar Priyanto fajarpri at cbn.net.id
Mon Oct 22 06:43:07 GMT 2007

On Monday 22 October 2007 12:01:48 herman wrote:

> You can force WinXP to leave the Samba domain and join another using the
> 'netdom' command.
>
> The syntax of this command is:
>
> NETDOM JOIN machine /Domain:domain [/OU:ou path][/UserD:user]
>         [/PasswordD:[password | *]]
>         [UserO:user] [/PasswordO:[password | *]]
>         [/REBoot[:Time in seconds]]

Ok Herman,
So, I guess the conclusion is:
1. Winxp cannot be a member of multiple domain at a time.
2. We need to join-rejoin Winxp everytime we want to logon to a different
domain.
3. The above procedure is rather unnecessary if we have setup interdomain
trust.

But still confusing why if we join the XP to WIN domain, we can select in the
logon screen to logon to JUPITER.COM domain (samba).
http://linux2.arinet.org
12:18:52 up 2:23, 2.6.20-16-generic GNU/Linux
The real challenge of teaching is getting your students motivated to learn.