We need to join-rejoin everytime we want to logon to another domain? wasRe: [Samba] Samba "hijack" the connection?

Fajar Priyanto fajarpri at cbn.net.id
Mon Oct 22 04:47:09 GMT 2007

On Monday 22 October 2007 11:36:49 Fajar Priyanto wrote:
> On Monday 22 October 2007 11:24:47 herman wrote:
> > In Win XP, you can log into any one of a list of domains.  However, you
> > cannot be logged into more than one at a time.
>
> Hello Herman,
> Thanks for the reply. No, I don't want to logon to more than one domain at
> a time.
>
> The reason why we need this is because we're in the migration process.
> There is already a w2k domain (WIN) and then we setup a samba domain
> (Jupiter.com). We migrate the users little by little by joining them to
> Jupiter.com. However, there is a requirement when the management want they
> would still able to logon back to WIN. This is when the error occurs.
>
> Here's the screenshot.

http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-6230-0.html?forumID=47&threadID=197196&messageID=2061481
Says this:
configuring windows xp client to access two distinct domains
    Question  -  Post 4 of 4
I had this challenge earlier this year. I have...
    I had this challenge earlier this year. I have a domain at home, and I use
my laptop at work, where I manage another domain.

    Simple solution? Not really. But I can still access everything I need to
access at work on my laptop because I am the administrator and have full
access to set security rights on anything.

    For e-mail, on our exchange server, I've enabled IMAP and I just connect
Outlook that way, if that's one of your challenges.

    The only way I was able to connect to the domains was to actually join
each domain every day, which is a complete pain in the ass. No thanks!

http://linux2.arinet.org
11:47:04 up 1:51, 2.6.20-16-generic GNU/Linux
The real challenge of teaching is getting your students motivated to learn.