[Samba] username with @ (at character) - problems with authentication (CUPS)

Necos Secon secon_kun at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 21 08:58:17 GMT 2007

In most cases, Windows provides a short-form of your user name (netbios compatible), so if you're at abc at domain.com, then you might actually be able to connect as DOMAIN\abc. Try leaving off the extra stuff, and just using abc. Worth a shot.> Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 10:18:31 +0200> From: piotr.kierklo at worlditsystems.com> To: herman at aeronetworks.ca> Subject: Re: [Samba] username with @ (at character) - problems with authentication (CUPS)> CC: samba at lists.samba.org> > herman wrote:> > > Yup, Samba doesn't like funny characters. In general, if you stick to > > the POSIX portable character set then you'll be OK. For anything > > outside of that, you are on your own.> > Does the same refers to the space in printer's name?> I have no way to change the username nor printer's name, because I am > not the administrator on that Windows machine. Isn't there any way to > escape the special characters?> > > -- > --- Piotr Kierklo ---> Systems Engineer at World IT Systems> -- piotr.kierklo at worlditsystems.com --> -- > To unsubscribe from this list go to the following URL and read the> instructions: https://lists.samba.org/mailman/listinfo/samba