[Samba] Can't see or change ACLs on Windows

Eric Diven eric.diven at edsiohio.com
Thu Oct 18 13:47:15 GMT 2007

On Thu, Oct 18, 2007 at 09:11:59AM -0400, Eric Diven wrote:
> Here you go:
>
> bash-3.00# /usr/local/samba/sbin/smbd -b | grep ACL
>    HAVE_SYS_ACL_H
>    HAVE_SOLARIS_ACLS
>    HAVE__ACL
>    HAVE__FACL
>
> It looks plausible to me, but I'm assuming you know better than I what

That indeed looks right. No idea then, sorry. Maybe you want to look in
a debug level 10 log of smbd, search for
call_nt_transact_query_security_desc, maybe you find something obvious.

Volker

Thanks, I'll take a crack at the logs with the high debug level and see
if I can see anything strange happening.  I'll agree that everything
"looks right", at least as near as I can tell.

~Eric