[Samba] Samba 3 + LDAP with multiple ou's

Daniel Cristian Cruz danielcristian at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 13:32:42 GMT 2007

Hello, all.

I was wondering if anyone could help me with this configuration:

I had a LDAP tree with this structure:

dc=base
+ ou=unit1
  + ou=People
  + ou=Groups
  + ou=Computers
+ ou=unit2
  + ou=People
  + ou=Groups
  + ou=Computers
+ ou=unit3
  + ou=People
  + ou=Groups
  + ou=Computers

And I need people from unit1 logging on unit2, unit3, etc.

First thing is to put all users on one SAMBA Domain, but:

Does Samba support "sub" search for users without PAM? Any workaround?

Is the only alternative to put everyone in one big group like this:

dc=base
+ ou=People
+ ou=Groups
+ ou=Computers

Considering less than 100.000 users (today only 10.000), is it good or
bad?

I read man pages, search google and asked some IRC Channels, but I
didn't found anything.

Thanks.

--
Daniel Cristian Cruz