[Samba] Weird permissions and ownership of [homes]

Torsten Geile heinzelrumpel at gmx.de
Thu Oct 18 13:21:11 GMT 2007

Hi,

I am using samba 3.0.24-6etch4 with ldap as a PDC. This ist the home
part in smb.conf

[homes]
    comment = Homedrive
    path = /home/%U
    valid users = %S
    read only = No
    create mask = 0700
    directory mask = 0700
    browseable = No
    nt acl support = 1
    inherit acls = 0
    inherit owner = no
    inherit permissions = no

User home ist mapped to drive z: When creating a file or folder, the
owner of it is "Administrator" and the group "Users" has full access.
The creating user is not even mentioned in the acl list (security tab).
Unix permission and ownership are correct. Even the creating user does
seem to have any rights, but he is able to delete the file. What do I
need to change in order to get the right screen?

Regards, Torsten