[Samba] tdb/tdbutil.c:tdb_chainlock_with_timeout_internal (rev_2)

Pappas, Bill Bill.Pappas at STJUDE.ORG
Thu Oct 18 13:10:08 GMT 2007

>> What is SJMEMDC15?  The name of your domain?  or DC?  Sounds like
you are not running Winbind.  If not, then running winbindd should
reduce contention on access to the secrets.tdb file.

SJMEMDC is a DC.  I am not using winbind. I want AD (via MSSFU) to
establish our UIDs and GIDs so that other servers (not samba related)
can have the same UID/GID mappings.  Is there a way to get winbind to
use another source to map out UIDs/GIDs?  I used winbind when I ran
samba 2.x, but I could never get it to use another source to determine
UIDs/GIDs. It came up with the numbers on its own.

Thanks,
Bill Pappas - System Integration Engineer - SAN
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
332 North Lauderdale
Memphis, TN 38105
Danny Thomas Tower - Room D1010