[Samba] strangest thing with Raid1 and samba

Alan Hodgson ahodgson at simkin.ca
Wed Oct 17 16:27:15 GMT 2007

On Wednesday 17 October 2007, scartomail <scartomail at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I even used and absoluut path like /dev/md1/home/share1, but without
> luck.
>
> Using raid to protect you're data would be the smartest thing for a file
> server.
>
> Any body had this problem?
> If people do not have this problem and it should work I would like to
> know to.

All Samba sees is /home. It has no visibility into or knowledge of the
underlying devices. So yes, it should work. I believe your problem is
unrelated to having multiple RAID volumes. Based on your comments above, I
suspect you simply haven't mounted it on /home.

--
The global consumer economy can best be described as the most efficient way
to convert natural resources into waste.