[Samba] Re: samba PDC and lan printer

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Wed Oct 17 16:42:45 GMT 2007

satish patel wrote:
> I have configured samba with print services and my printer is LAN printer Ethernet jack and my PDC on another subnet so is it possible share printer from other subnet ??

What sort of issues with that configuration are you anticipating? MS Domain Browsing issues maybe?

I use CUPS with all Samba implementations I have done. CUPS just needs to know the hostname of the printer to send the print jobs to. Once CUPS is configured properly, it is a simple task to get Samba
to share the print queue.

I make a few pointers in my presentation:
"Samba 3 PDC for Windows Clients and Samba 3 Book Review"
http://www.lueckdatasystems.com/pub/presentations/iccm2007.pdf

Sincerely,
--
Michael Lueck