[Samba] Re: default kerberos realm??

Frank Van Damme frank.vandamme at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 13:42:36 GMT 2007

On 10/17/07, Frank Van Damme <frank.vandamme at gmail.com> wrote:
> Everything seems to work now, I could join the domain, I can create
> files and chown them to windows users (like DOMAIN+jsixpack). And
> while drafting this message, I finally got the login-to-the-linux-box
> working :-)

Oh yes, one thing that, oddly, does not work yet is:

# getent passwd

returns only local users. I can do

# getent passwd DOMAIN+jsixpack
DOMAIN+jsixpack:*:10002:10002:Joe Sixpack:/home/DOMAIN/jsixpack:/bin/bash

though. Has that something to do with AD not allowing to do a query on
all users in the directory or something?

--
Frank Van Damme   A: Because it destroys the flow of the conversation
                  Q: Why is it bad?