[Samba] Re: default kerberos realm??

Frank Van Damme frank.vandamme at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 13:35:09 GMT 2007

On 10/12/07, Dale Schroeder <dale at briannassaladdressing.com> wrote:

>  Do you have a krb5.conf containing entries similar to the following?
>

>  [libdefaults]
>          default_realm = DOMAIN.NET
>
>  [realms]         DOMAIN.NET = {
>          kdc = bigserver.domain.net
>          }
>
>  [domain_realms]
>          .kerberos.server = DOMAIN.NET Example taken from:
> http://www.enterprisenetworkingplanet.com/netos/article.php/3487081

Ah-ha, that's what I was missing. FYI under Debian you apparently also
need the package krb5-user.

Everything seems to work now, I could join the domain, I can create
files and chown them to windows users (like DOMAIN+jsixpack). And
while drafting this message, I finally got the login-to-the-linux-box
working :-)

Thanks for your advices. Diving in the wonders of idmapping now...

--
Frank Van Damme   A: Because it destroys the flow of the conversation
                  Q: Why is it bad?