[Samba] Profile Location Best Practice

Tue Oct 16 10:19:34 GMT 2007

> Yes;  I've got about 200 users who sign on and off every day.  PDC is
> Samba;  profiles in one share, home directory its own share.  No issues.

Hmmm...

Just noticed something about what you guys are saying...

I have both my home directories and profiles coming from the SAME parent
SHARE:

\\server\home

Each users home directory (H:) is mapped to:

\\server\home\username

The new directory I created for Profiles is:

\\server\home\profiles\username

Isn't this accomplishing the same thing? Or does it actually need to be
two different, separate SHARES?

I prefer not to create more SHARES than is needed, but if I need to, now
is the time to do it, since I'm getting ready to migrate everyones
profile to fix this.

Thanks!

--

Best regards,